Updated as of November 1, 2020.
Who we are
Sources of information we collect
We collect information from various sources. This section lists and describes potential sources of information collected from you. Not every category will apply to every person who uses the Services or interacts with the Website.
Directly from you
- Media. If you upload images to the website (if that feature is activated on the Website), you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the Website.
- Additional information/contact forms. Additional information that you provide to us, including when you complete certain forms, post or comment through Website, upload or submit any content or other material to the Website, request information or contact us with inquiries through the Website or via email, may be collected and stored.
Indirectly from you
- Log information. Our servers automatically record information that your browser or mobile device sends whenever you visit the Website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, your computer operating system, email patterns, your mobile device and mobile operating system, the name of your internet service provider or your mobile carrier, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies (discussed below) that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Web beacons. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the Website and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. We may employ web beacons to facilitate Website administration and navigation, to track the actions of users of the Website, to compile aggregate statistics about Website usage and response rates, and to provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Website. We may also include web beacons in HTML-formatted e-mail messages that we send to determine which e-mail messages were opened.
Additionally, we may use publicly available information collected from government records or information that has been de-identified or aggregated in a way that no longer allows identification of a particular person. We may use both of these types of non-personal information in connection with our organizational activities.
We will not collect or use sensitive information about you unless we have your affirmative express consent. This includes, for example, your social security number, your payment account information, your health information, or similar information of a highly personal nature.
From third parties
We may collect information about you from third parties, either at your request or for our organizational purposes. These third-party sources vary depending on your engagement with the Website, but could include technical service providers. We work with a variety of third-party service providers to enhance the Website and make the Website function the way you expect. Our partners provide website hosting, marketing, website usage analytics, advertising, and Website maintenance services. Many of these categories overlap with the passively collected information described above.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect to deliver our Services, to help improve your interaction with the Website, and to support our organizational activities. Some examples of ways in which we use or disclose your information include:
- To communicate with you, respond to your inquiries and process any of your requests for emails, newsletters or other information, including verifying that your email address is active and valid
- To respond to your questions
- To ask you to participate in surveys, or otherwise provide feedback
- To notify you of new content or services that might be of interest to you
- To improve, upgrade or enhance the Website
- To create de-identified or aggregated lists of information for any of the uses stated above
- To carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and/or to which you consent
We may disclose your information to the following categories of other parties consistent with our organizational mission:
- Other users of the Services
- Affiliates and members
- Advertising and marketing partners
- Technical service providers
- Data analytics providers
When do we disclose your information?
- Where we are required to respond to subpoenas or other legal process or if in our good faith opinion such disclosure is required by law.
- At the request of government authorities.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
- To third parties who may be contracted to assist in the operation of the Website and/or parties providing services on our behalf. We may provide these service providers with access to information needed to carry out the services they are performing. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to us.
- In the event that we transfer some or all of our organization to a successor.
We do not sell or disclose your information to third parties for their use in marketing and/or research.
We may use information we have collected about you to create de-identified and/or aggregated data sets, such as de-identified demographic information, aggregated trends, reports, or statistics about how users interact with the Website and from what sorts of devices. De-identified and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Website or the organizational activities we engage in. We may use and disclose such de-identified or aggregated information in a number of ways, including to improve the Website, for our own internal business purposes, and any other legally permissible purpose.
Other Important Information
The Website and Services are not directed at or intended for use by children under 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect or retain information from children under 13 through the Website. If you are under the age of 13 you should not be visiting the Website without parental consent. If you are under the age of 13 and are visiting or otherwise using the Website without your parent’s knowledge and consent please discontinue such use immediately and do not disclose or provide any personally identifying information to us. If you are a parent who learns that your child has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us as provided in the Contact Us section below with sufficient detail to enable us to delete that information from our records. We will act promptly on your request to delete such information.
Users Outside of United States
The Services are not directed at users outside of the United States. Please be advised that if you are located in the European Union or another region with laws related to data collection and use, the information submitted through the Website and transferred to us in the United States may not have the same legal data protection as in your jurisdiction. Accessing the Services is prohibited from territories where the Website or any content thereon is illegal. If you access the Website from other locations, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Links to third party website or applications
The Website may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Website. These other websites and applications are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Website and to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications.
Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Unsubscribe from Emails
You may opt-out of receiving Emails from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions included in certain emails we send you.
We may use the Google Analytics service to gather and provide us with statistical data about how our Website is used. This Google service uses a cookie that can be recognized by Google when you visit other websites. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google Analytics’ collection and use of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We will cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. In doing so, we may disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate: (i) to respond to claims or legal processes (including subpoenas or other lawful government request for data); (ii) to protect our property, rights and safety and the property, rights and safety of a third party or the public in general; (iii) to detect or prevent fraud or security concerns; and (iv) to stop activity that we consider illegal, unethical or legally actionable.